Thank you to everyone that attended, sponsored and volunteered to make our 13th annual Sporting Clays Classic a success! Over 300 participants competed in nearly perfect 80 degree weather at the Sun Mountain Gun Club in Coarsegold, California on Saturday, April 21, 2018.
When great people and great weather come together, great things happen!
That was certainly the case this past weekend! Our Kickoff Dinner on Friday night was held at the San Joaquin Wine Company. We were generously hosted by Steve and Cindy Shafer for allowing us to use their beautiful tasting room. The Kickoff Dinner featured a delicious dinner by Jim Pacini, followed by a silent and live auction, and a gun raffle.
Our silent and live auction wouldn’t be complete without our awesome Dessert Auction! Homemade delicacies were baked with love by friends who are near and dear to the heart of our House. It’s safe to say, everyone who was in attendance on Friday night definitely enjoyed the sweet treats! Thank you to all of our bakers: Jennifer Koretoff, Alice Tesei, Susan Martinazzi, Tisha Schafer and Mike Schafer.
Bright and early on Saturday morning, teams and individuals had the opportunity to show off their shooting skills. Each participant received a delicious breakfast donated by Whole Foods and Chris Chatoian and enjoyed a BBQ lunch by Adam Shashky! Our shooters received awesome gifts from Kids and Clays, as well. We had a fun-filled day of clay shooting for a good cause!
Congratulations to our winners!
AM Winner NSCA Shooter, Domonic Pistoresi- 91
PM Winner NSCA Shooter, Nathan Green- 91,
Hunter Class Winner of the AM Shoot- Shawn Rodriguez -82
Hunter Class Winner of the PM Shoot- Gino Cadille
The Kids and Clays Foundation, our hosting Sponsor, is a community of shooting sports enthusiasts committed to Ronald McDonald House Charities. Kids and Clays began in 1999 by a McDonald’s Owner and Operators in Indiana when they saw what a wonderful opportunity it was to raise awareness and money for the Ronald McDonald House.
Zac Lemmon and Doug Jeanneret work with us throughout the year to provide us with the ammunition for our shoot, the wonderful silent auction items that were used on Friday night, shooter gifts, and three of the guns that were raffled off this weekend. This shoot would not be what it is without Kids and Clays, our sponsors, and our Sporting Clays Classic Committee.
Major thank you to our fabulous sponsors for the weekend:
- Diamond Sponsors: Cargill, VF Outdoor and Rib Baptie with The Hate Dust Project.
- Cargill donated the delicious filets we enjoyed on Friday night at the Kickoff Dinner, and the Prime Rib for the Sandwiches we had for lunch on Saturday!
- Platinum Sponsors: Barthuli & Associates, and Horizon Nut Company
- Barthuli & Associates is headed by Gina Cuttone our Board President. Not only is Gina a supporter of our Sporting Clays Tournament, she also supports our House year round.
- Kirk Squire with Horizon Nut Company not only sponsored the event, but also dedicated his time and effort to helping this event grow as a part of our Sporting Clays Classic committee.
- Media Sponsor: KMJ NOW
- Thank you for airing awesome PSAs and live interviews to promote our event!
- Gold Sponsors: KY Farming, PCA and Ruiz Foods
- Silver Sponsors: Agrian, Agri-World Cooperative, Donaghy Sales, Elite RV, Garcia Trucking, Golden Valley Grape Juice & Wine, Harris Construction, Legacy Farm Management, Martin Brower, Meyers Farming and R-Pac/ Parrerira Almond Processing.
Sporting Clays Classic 2018 Committee: Dan Whitehead, Kirk Squire, Trevor Meyers, Mike Schafer, Mia Munoz, Alene Istanboulian
Thank you so much to our 2018 Sporting Clays Committee! They put so much time and effort into this event! We owe it to our committee for your dedication and support of our mission for making our event the largest Kids and Clays Sporting Clays Tournament!
All of the funds raised at our 13th Annual Sporting Clays Classic will go towards keeping families close to their child while they receive treatment at a nearby hospital.