FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Director of Development & Communications
Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Central Valley Celebrates 35th Year in Operation
April 8, 2019—MADERA, Calif.—On April 6, 2019, the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Central Valley (RMHCCV) reached its milestone 35th anniversary. Located in Madera, California next to Valley Children’s Healthcare, RMHCCV provides a home away from home and resources for families of children who are hospitalized. RMHCCV operates 18 guest bedrooms, a ‘Day Room’, ‘Spare Room’, and the Happy Wheels Hospitality Cart at no charge to families with the support of the community.
“We are so proud to be able to support families in need at the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Central Valley,” said Dr. Kent Karsevar, Executive Director of RMHCCV. “We rely on the support of our board of directors, donors and volunteers to provide a safe and peaceful space for families. We thank our community for their continued support.”
The Ronald McDonald House invites the community to participate in a variety of scheduled events and observations throughout its 35th anniversary year:
- 14th annual Sporting Clays Tournament: April 26 & 27, 2019 at San Joaquin Winery and Sun Mountain Gun Club
- Color Me Rad 5K: April 28, 2019
- Dollars for Dinner Crowdfunding Campaign: August 1 – August 31, 2019
- 7th Annual FORE! THE HOUSE Golf Tournament: October 21, 2019
- Fall Open House: November 14, 2019
- Fill the Boat Toy Drive: December 5, 2019
- Wish List Run: December 14, 2019
- Family Christmas Party: December 16, 2019
About the Ronald McDonald House of the Central Valley
The Ronald McDonald House is a cornerstone of the Ronald McDonald House Charities®. It provides a “home away from home,” a refuge for families who are trying to cope with the physical, emotional, and financial burdens of having a seriously ill child. Our house accommodates 18 families for a nominal donation which can be waived if the family is unable to pay. Ronald McDonald House Charities is a nonprofit corporation that along with many other direct services supports many valuable causes around the Valley.