For Immediate Release:
Marketing and Communication Coordinator
The Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Central Valley Hosts First Ever Virtual 5K Run
Sign up to run, walk, bike or swim on November 1 in support of RMHCCV during the “Running For Ronald Virtual 5K Run and Fun Walk”
October 5, 2020—MADERA, CALIF., The Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Central Valley is hosting the first annual “Running For Ronald Virtual 5K Run and Fun Walk” on November 1, 2020. All proceeds from the event will benefit RMHCCV families who have a sick or injured child undergoing treatment at Valley Children’s Healthcare.
Unlike a traditional race, the virtual “Running For Ronald 5K and Fun Walk” can be completed anywhere to benefit the families of RMHCCV. Proceeds from this exciting virtual event will help sustain vital services RMHCCV provides for families who have a child who is hospitalized.
How it works:
- Sign up here: http://bit.ly/runningforronald2020. Sponsorships and individual signs ups are available. $30 for adults, $20 for children.
- Get everyone involved! Runners can create their own fundraising page and encourage friends to help raise additional money for RMHCCV families.
- Packet pick up is at Fleet Feet on October 28-30 from 10am-6pm. All participants will receive a finisher’s medal, runner’s bib, a pair of RMHC socks and a swag bag.
- On November 1, you can participate in the 5K from your own neighborhood, local park or a treadmill, all forms of physical fitness are welcome. Your bib will track your millage.
- Engage with us on social media! Take a photo of you in your RMHC socks and use the hashtag #RunningForRonald.
“COVID-19 has impacted much of our fundraising activities, however, our critical mission to support families remains,” said Alene Mestjian, Director of Communications and Development. “This virtual 5K event will give our supporters a safe and socially distant way to support the house while having fun. I encourage all of you to join us!”
The first annual “Running For Ronald 5K and Fun Walk” is supported by committed volunteers including Nate Moore, former director of the Two Cities Marathon; Christine Rose, Central Valley Yoga influencer; and Heather McCann, leader of Valley Sweat Life.
Registration is now open and available through October 23rd. For more information, visit: http://bit.ly/runningforronald2020
About the Ronald McDonald House of the Central Valley
The Ronald McDonald House is a cornerstone of the Ronald McDonald House Charities®. It provides a “home away from home,” a refuge for families who are trying to cope with the physical, emotional, and financial burdens of having a seriously ill child. Our house accommodates 18 families for a nominal donation which can be waived if the family is unable to pay. Ronald McDonald House Charities is a nonprofit corporation that along with many other direct services supports many valuable causes around the Valley.